If you’re looking for a low-carb dessert that is moist, rich, and delicious, then this keto moist blueberry cake is the perfect recipe for you! This dish uses almond flour instead of grains to keep it low carb. It’s also sugar-free and full of protein from eggs and Greek yogurt. With only 4 net carbs per serving, it’s the perfect balance of sweet treats without all the guilt!
Enjoy This Cake Any Time
You can enjoy a slice of this keto moist blueberry cake with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning as an energy boost during your workday. Or have it after dinner when you want something sweet without having to worry about how many carbs are in each bite. If you’re following a ketogenic diet, then this keto moist blueberry cake is the perfect keto treat!
Health Benefits of Blueberries
While this keto moist blueberry cake is delicious, it’s also good for you! Blueberries are one of the healthiest fruits on the planet. They’re packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs to stay healthy. Some of the health benefits of blueberries include improved brain function, reduced inflammation, better cardiovascular health, a decrease in risk of cancer, and better sleep.
Make This Moist Cake
Make this beneficial blueberry cake by following a few simple steps. Start by combining the wet ingredients gradually in a bowl or mixer. Then, mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until it forms a smooth batter. Gently add half of the blueberries and mix in by hand.
Then, pour the batter into a greased pan and bake for 15 minutes, then add the rest of the blueberries, and bake for another 45 minutes or until completely cooked and golden.
This keto moist blueberry cake will stay fresh in the fridge for up to four days. You can also freeze them and thaw them out later when you want a keto snack!
Keto Moist Blueberry Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup lakanto sweetener
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs large
- 1 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Grease 9×12 inch pan at least 2 inches deep with butter
- In a cake mixer place butter, Lakanto, lemon extract and vanilla extract and mix for 2 minutes
- Add eggs
- In a separate bowl mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt
- Using your cake mixer on low add the dry mixture until smooth
- By hand add 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries
- Gently pour the batter in the pan
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove and add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries by sprinkling it over the top of cake
- Put back in oven for 45 minutes until golden brown and a knife in the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool one hour before serving