Chocolate cream pie is a classic dessert that most people love, but it’s not always the healthiest option. With this keto chocolate cream pie recipe, you can have your (pie) and eat it too! This recipe is sugar-free and low in carbs, even keto dieters can enjoy this recipe with no issues. Best of all, it’s simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. So go ahead and enjoy a slice of creamy chocolate heaven!
A Decadent Keto Dessert
The keto (ketogenic) diet is all the rage these days, and for good reason. When done correctly, it can help you lose weight and feel great. This chocolate cream pie is a perfect example of a keto-friendly dessert that you can enjoy on your diet – it’s high in fat, low in net carbs, and it’s made with healthy ingredients. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious.
Perfect for the Holidays
Chocolate cream pie is a holiday favorite enjoyed by all! And now you’ve got a keto version that even the most low carb dieters can enjoy. So whip up this ceamy pie and bring it to your next holiday party. It’s so good that no one will even know it has almost no carbs.
Chocolate Cream Pie in a Few Simple Steps
Chocolate and cream pie: two great things that should never be apart. That’s why keto chocolate cream pie is such a delicious keto recipe. All you need to do to make this recipe is follow a few simple steps. Start with the crust by mixing together the butter and the coconut flour to make a crumb, then add the eggs. Pack into a greased pie pan.
Once you get that baking, you can start the filling. Make sure to separate and save the coconut milk at this point, becuase you’ll need the liquid later on! Pro tip, chill you coconut cream beforehand because it will make not only spearating the solids from liquids easier, but it will also whip much quicker.
Keeping that in mind, whisk or use an electric mixer to beat the coconut milk solids until its creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour into the cooled crust. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then add your desired toppings and enjoy!
Keto Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 stick grass fed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans coconut cream
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Choc Zero Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together the softened butter and coconut flour in a medium sized bowl until a crumbly mixture forms. Add the eggs and mix until you have a dough.
- Press into a greased 9-inch pie pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, add the solid portions of the coconut cream to a bowl, reserving the liquid for a later use. Whisk the cream until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, Choc zero maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Once the pie crust has cooled completely, pour in the filling and spread with an offset spatula. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm
- Top with chocolate shavings and coconut whipped cream.